Thursday 11 April 2013

Street Texture





I am interested in the way that street texture informs fashion.

I took some photos in Voortrekker Road, the CBD and Wynberg Main Road and took note of the following;

Fabric Shops

Gold Merchants

Hair Salons

Shoprite/ Pick 'n Pay

KFC

Coca Cola Signage

Hardware Stores


I observed that with the change in signage, there was a change in the demographic of people in the area. This change may be explored by asking the question, how does the image of the place inform the identity of the people?

I am looking at things like signage, branding, advertising, window stickers and displays and how they influence street fashion. For example this could be a sign for Shoprite or a Gold Merchant or a hair salon.

I am interested in the colours, patterns and shapes we encounter in the street each day and how they affect and reflect fashion.


No comments:

Post a Comment